News From the Product Development
The Real-time Video Clarifier for Underwater camera inspections in low visibility aquatic environments is practically ready. Currently, we run trials to test and improve the resiliency of the software with the laptops we use.
- We test the product on Alienware P7 Dell laptops.
- The software clarifies and displays in real-time 1080p video at 30 frames per second. Each frame is processed in less than 1/30 of a second.
- Original and clarified video footage are shown side by side at 1080p resolution.
- The user can choose to enlarge the original or the clarified.
- There is no practically no lag between original and processed footage.
- The graphical interface is adopted for users with a variety of expertise and familiarity with computer usage.
- Basic functionality is controlled by sliders. Changes in visualization settings can be made while the system is in use.
- The software can save both original and clarified video footage.